How Can We Help?
CareerSource’s Paid Work Experience Program (Youth)
Through the Paid Work Experience, CSTB helps businesses save money while young talent are able to get the job-related training they need to succeed. The Paid Work Experience program is designed to connect young adults to employers, with a focus on skill development for occupations in-demand. Employers will have the opportunity to employ motivated, young talent – at NO COST to the company.
Paid Work Experience (PWE) Program (Youth): Our Paid Work Experience Program serves to target young talent (between ages 16-24). Under this program CareerSource Tampa Bay provides paid internship for eight (8) weeks, twenty-five (25) hour per week.
- Physical company is located in Hillsborough County
- Business must legally have operated at current location for at least 120 days
- Hold valid business tax receipt
- Active business as verified by Florida Department of State Division of Corporations and provide W-9.
- Hasn’t experienced any layoffs in the past six months
- Complete training plan-attachment 1.
- Agrees to routine monitoring and communication with the CSTB Work-Based Learning Program Staff regarding the progress of the program participant relating to the PWE Training Plan, progress reports, midpoint in training and completion of the PWE to capture measurable skills gained during participation.
To learn more, please contact Saleema Bennett at [email protected]